- 3 tbsp sunflower or groundnut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- a few fresh curry leaves, chopped
- 1 or 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger puree
- 1 tsp garlic puree
- 1/4 tsp Rajah chilli powder
- 1 tsp Rajah ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp Rajah turmeric
- 1 tsp Rajah garam masala
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 500g boneless and skinless chicken breasts, boiled and shredded
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 250g potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat a pan on a medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of the oil. Tip in the onion and fry for 5-7 minutes till lightly browned.
- Add the curry leaves and fry for a minute. Tip in the green chillies, ginger and garlic. Add the Rajah chilli powder, Rajah ground coriander, Rajah turmeric, Rajah garam masala and salt and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken and mix. Add the lemon juice and fry for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool. Add the mashed potatoes to the chicken and mix.
- Wet your hands slightly and make lemon sized balls using your palms. Flatten them slightly.
- Take one cutlet at a time and first dip it in a bowl of beaten egg and then roll it in the breadcrumbs until it is fully covered.
- Repeat the process with the remaining cutlets.