1 hour (includes marinating)
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 175ml natural yogurt
- 1 tsp Rajah garam masala
- 2 tsp ginger puree
- 2 tsp garlic puree
- 1 tsp Rajah chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 225g lean boneless lamb, cut into strips
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 1 inch Rajah cassia bark
- 4 green Rajah cardamom pods
- Washed and chopped coriander leaves, for garnish
- Mix the tomato puree, yogurt, Rajah garam masala, ginger, garlic, Rajah chilli powder and salt in a bowl. Put the lamb pieces in the bowl and mix. Leave to marinate for about an hour.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil and add the onions. Fry till golden brown. Remove the onions. Let them cool down then grind them.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan. When the oil is hot, tip in the Rajah cassia bark and Rajah cardamoms. When they sizzle,add the sauted and ground onions and the marinated lamb. Fry for about 2 minutes.
- Cover and lower the heat and cook, stirring from time to time until the meat is cooked through. If it looks dry, add some water (150ml). Garnish with the coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with chapattis, naans or fragrant lemon rice.