Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 500gms Monkfish tails – cut into 4 equal pieces or use cod loins
- 500gms cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tsp Rajah Black Mustard seeds
- 1 thumb sized piece ginger
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp Rajah Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Rajah Ground Turmeric
- 10 fresh curry leaves
- Fresh coriander leaves to serve
- ½ tin coconut cream
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the mustard seeds until they pop.
- Peel and slice the garlic into thin slices. Peel and finely julienne the ginger, add to the hot oil and cook until the garlic is just softening, don’t let it turn too brown or it will taste bitter. Add the curry leaves.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, salt to taste, and coriander power and turmeric powder. Cover the pan and let the tomatoes cook until they are soft and starting to burst.
- Add the coconut milk and nestle the 4 fish steaks into the tomatoes, cover and cook on a medium heat until the fish turns translucent.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh coriander to serve.
- Add some crispy fried curry leaves on top to serve if you wish.
- Serve with rice and sautéed spinach.