Masala Chai – Rajah taste of home
- 4 Rajah green cardamoms, slightly crushed
- 1 tsp Rajah fennel seeds
- 2 Rajah cloves
- 250ml milk
- 2 tsp tea leaves or 2 tea bags
- 2cm piece Rajah cassia bark or cinnamon (optional)
- 4 tsp sugar(optional)
- Boil the kettle. Pour 750ml boiling water into a saucepan.
- Once this is done, add the Rajah spices and sugar, and simmer for one minute.
- Then add tea leaves or teabags, and allow to infuse for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the milk and take the pan off the heat.
- If you’ve used tea leaves, pour through a strainer into the cups, or discard the teabags.
- Serve hot.