Jal Jeera – Rajah taste of home
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 0
- 1 small bunch mint leaves, washed
- 1 bunch coriander leaves, washed
- 1/2 tsp peeled and grated root ginger
- 1/2 tsp black salt
- 1 tsp dried mango powder (Amchur)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp Rajah cumin seeds, roasted and ground
- Mint and lemon slices for garnish
- Grind the mint, coriander leaves and ginger in a blender to make a fine paste.
- Add 4 cups of chilled water, black salt, mango powder, sugar and Rajah cumin. Stir the mixture.
- Strain and serve chilled.
- Garnish with boondi and a slice of lemon and mint.