Halloumi Fries with Spiced Lemon Mayo – Rajah taste of home
Prep time: 12
Cooking time: 10
- Halloumi Fries
- 2 x 225g blocks halloumi, cut into fries/chips
- 75g plain flour
- ½ tsp coriander Powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp orange pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Spiced Lemon Mayo
- 8 tbsp mayonnaise
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp chaat masala
- 2 ½ tbsp lemon juice, fresh
- mint leaf, garnish, optional
Halloumi Fries with Spiced Lemon Mayo
- Mix the plain flour with coriander powder, paprika, garam masala, orange pepper and garlic powder in a mixing bowl.
- Toss the halloumi pieces into the flour mixture until well coated.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan until about 175°C.
- Carefully lift out one third of the halloumi from the flour and lower into the oil, cook for 2 minutes until crisp and golden and drain on kitchen towel.
- Repeat the process for the remaining two thirds of the halloumi.
- To make the spiced lemon mayo, mix together all the ingredients, combine well and garnish as desired.
- Serve the halloumi fries with the zesty spiced mayo.