Elaichi Gosht – Rajah taste of home
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 25 Rajah cardamom pods
- 5 medium tomatoes
- 1 inch ginger, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 1 kg lamb, cut into one inch cubes
- 2 tsp Rajah red chilli powder
- 1 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- In a blender or food processor, puree the tomatoes and ginger. Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onions until golden.
- Add the lamb and the ground spices. Cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato mixture, salt, stir into the meat, and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the water, bring to a boil, then cover and reduce the heat to very low.
- Cook for around 30-40 minutes to tenderise the meat.
- Add Rajah cardamoms in the end for flavour and aroma.