Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
- Kebab mixture
- 500g chicken mince
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 100g assorted peppers, finely diced
- 1 ½ tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 ½ tsp red chili powder
- 2 finger green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 4 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 ½ tsp garam masala
- water for molding the kebabs
- 8 hot dog buns
- butter for the hot dog buns, optional
- mustard or mayonnaise, optional
- tomato ketchup, optional
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- coloured farfar papadoms, garnish, optional
- micro herbs, garnish, optional
Chicken Kebab Desi Hot-Dogs
- Start off by pre-heating the oven to 180°C.
- Soak the bamboo skewers in luke warm water.
- Combine the chicken mince, peppers and onions together in a bowl, mix well.
- Add the salt, ginger and garlic, red chilli powder, green chilies, cumin powder, coriander powder, fresh coriander and garam masala to the mince and mix together until ingredients are thoroughly combined together.
- Split the mixture evenly into 8 balls (70-80g each approximately).
- Moisten your hands before carefully skewering each mince ball onto 8 individual bamboo skewers, using your fingers to spread the mince evenly onto the skewer and pressing down into a kebab shape. Lay each skewer flat onto an oven tray. Tip: If mince is a little too wet, add a spoonful of plain flour.
- Repeat this process for all of the kebabs.
- Cook in the oven for 15 minutes or until completely cooked.
- Whilst the kebabs are cooking, pan fry the sliced onions in vegetable oil until golden brown, leave to one side.
- Butter the hot dog buns and lightly toast the buns in a frying pan (optional) on all sides, leave to one side.
- Slide each kebab off from the skewer into a hot dog bun, top with the fried onions, drizzle with mustard and ketchup and enjoy.