Achaari Baingan – Rajah taste of home
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 kg baby brinjals
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- 2 medium onions
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp Rajah mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Rajah fenugreek seeds
- 1 tbsp Rajah fennel seeds
- 1 tsp Rajah cumin seeds
- 1 tsp onion seeds
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Rajah turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Rajah red chilli powder
- Cut the brinjals into small pieces, put some salt and deep fry. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Roughly chop onions and add to pan. Sauté till soft.
- Add Rajah mustard seeds, Rajah fenugreek seeds, Rajah fennel seeds, Rajah cumin seeds and onion seeds. Add ginger and garlic paste and cook.
- Add tomato puree, salt, Rajah turmeric powder and Rajah red chilli powder. Mix well.
- Add brinjal pieces to pan and toss to mix. Add a little water, cover and cook till brinjals are soft.
- Serve hot.