Fragrant Lemon Rice
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 tbsp groundnut or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Rajah mustard seeds
- 1 tsp skinned split black lentils or urad dal
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 2 medium Rajah dried red chillies
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Rajah turmeric
- 200g white Basmati rice, washed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan. Add the Rajah mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves, Rajah red chillies, salt and Rajah turmeric. Stir for few seconds.
- Add the rice and mix well, then pour in 500ml boiling water.
- Cover tightly and simmer over a low heat for 5 minutes. Add the lemon juice. Replace the lid and simmer for a further 8 minutes.
- Serve hot with cardamom karahi lamb.