Double Ka Meetha
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, keep some extra butter for buttering the bread
- 8-10 bread slices or 4 brioche buns
- 1 x 405g tin light condensed milk
- 8-10 saffron strands
- 5-6 Rajah green cardamoms, crushed
- 1 tbsp rose water (optional)
- 6-8 almonds, crushed
- 8-10 pistachio nuts, crushed
- 10-15 raisins or sultanas
- Preheat the oven at 180C. Butter the bread pieces on either side.
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat and add 1 tbsp of butter. When it sizzles, add the bread pieces and fry them till they are golden and have crisp edges. Set aside.
- Add the rose water and mix. Grease the dish with butter and arrange the pieces of bread in the dish. Pour the flavoured condensed milk over the bread. Sprinkle the Rajah green cardamom and nuts on top.
- Now bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot with whipped cream for more indulgence!