Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 4 minutes
- 1 tsp tamarind concentrate
- 100g fresh coconut, grated or desiccated coconut
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 green chillies
- 1/2 tsp Rajah cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1/4 tsp Rajah mustard seeds
- 2 Rajah dried red chillies
- 1/2 tsp skinned split black lentils or urad dal
- 8-10 curry leaves
- Place the tamarind concentrate, coconut, salt, green chillies and Rajah cumin seeds in a blender. Grind until it turns into a rough paste.
- Put the chutney in a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a small pan. Add the Rajah mustard seeds, Rajah red chillies, urad dal and curry leaves. Stir well.
- Place this seasoning on top of the coconut chutney.
- Serve with lemon rice and aubergines in an aromatic tamarind sauce.