Prep time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 45 mins
- 220g softened butter
- 220g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 220g self-raising flour
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1/2 tsp Rajah cinnamon powder
- Pear Purée
- 8 pears
- 2tsp brown sugar
- 5tbsp water
- Butter Icing
- 250g butter, room temperature
- 500g icing sugar, sieved
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12-14 pecans (garnish, optional)
Cinnamon Pear Cupcakes
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Beat the butter and sugar for the muffins until pale and fluffy.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl and whisk. Add gradually to the mixture, mixing each time. If the mixture begins to split, add a little of the flour.
- Fold in the flour, nutmeg and cinnamon, mix well.
- Spoon about two heaped teaspoons of the filling into each cupcake case in a muffin tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes until cooked through.
- Once cooked, remove from the tin and place the cupcakes on wire rack to cool.
- Whilst they are cooling, make the pear purée by peeling, coring and chopping the pears into small pieces.
- Put the pieces into a saucepan with the brown sugar and water, cover with a lid and cook for 15 minutes stirring occasionally and bashing with the wooden spoon to make them mushy. Take the lid off and cook for another 5 minutes to reduce down.
- Once the pears are soft and mushy (a little like a jam), remove from the heat and leave to cool. To make the frosting, whisk the butter, add the icing sugar and vanilla extract and whisk well together.
- To fill the muffins, scoop out a hole in the top of each cooled cupcake.
- Fill each hole with a teaspoon of pear purée.
- Pipe the butter icing onto each cupcake to cover the hole and purée.
- Garnish each with a pecan and serve.